Slow Cookers are fucking awesome, they allow you to just shove your ingredients in and get on with your life until it’s all cooked perfectly. This is not a hard recipe by any means but it’s a damn delicious one! I have been trying to cook better food recently and try to be more adventurous with my cooking so I’ve been trying new dishes and see how they turn out!
- Stewing beef
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- Half a bag of new potatoes
- Half an onion
- 1 large sweet potato
- 600ml of Beef stock
- Black pepper
- Dried rosemary
- Corn flour
- Can of crushed tomatoes
- Turn slow cooker on to high, and start to chop up potatoes, parsnip, onion and carrots
- Boil the kettle and make up the stock, add corn flour to thicken to your preference.
- Add oil, veg and tinned tomatoes to the slow cooker. Add a small amount of flour to the beef and put in the slow cooker.
- Add the stock and any seasoning (I used black pepper, rosemary, paprika and oregano)
- Leave for 6-7 hours on high (try not to remove the lid too often or it’ll take longer to cook) until all of the veg is soft and cooked.
- Serve up with crusty bread or with dumplings for a hearty winter meal
Thank you for reading todays post and I hope to see you around these parts again soon!